Thursday, February 21, 2008

Unanswered Prayers...

Unanswered Prayers - Garth Brooks


Sometimes I thank god for unanswered prayers-Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs-That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care-Some of god's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers. (He answered Garth, - He just said "No")
*************************************************************
Sometimes we think God doesn't hear us or doesn't care what we need or desire, but God hears all of our prayers and He faithfully answers each and every one. It's just not always the answer that we wanted or that we expected. Sometimes it's easier to say God doesn't care than to accept that what we wanted may not be what we really need or now may not be the time for it.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 says there is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. ~This includes death and weeping and tearing down as well as birth, laughing and building up. God's ways are not our ways and God's timing is not our timing, but we have to trust that God's ways and timing are perfect and are only meant to bring us the best. It can be hard to understand why God can let bad things happen, but there are always things, repercussions that we don't see resulting from everything that happens. Nine years ago, I had a miscarriage. I had prayed for the life of that child and lost it anyway. What I can see now, that I couldn't see then is the chain of events that loss set in to motion that landed me where I am today. I can't say that the loss of that child was worth it, but I know where I am today is much better than where I would have been. Not because of the circumstances of my life are so much better now, but because the relationship that I have with God is so much better now. God used that time in my life to draw me closer to Him and put me in a position to surround myself with Godly friends who lift me up and help me keep everything else in a Godly perspective.


Jeremiah 29:11 says For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future.


When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us. ~Alexander Graham Bell~

No comments: