Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Also, that same week I started coming down with something. I'm still not sure what it was, but it really hit me hard this weekend. I finally saw the Doctor Monday morning and after 5 doses of antibiotic, I am finally feeling like myself again. So here are my updates:
1) I am down a total of 10 lbs. so far. I haven't done real well on my eating the last couple of weeks, but I am back on it now.
2)I have not been exercising the last week. Just haven't felt like it. But I did have my cholesterol checked Friday and my "good" cholesterol was up to 38!!! This is still 8 pts too low (this number should be >=46) but since I usually come in around 27 or 28, this was a really good number for me. Exercising is really the only way to get this number up so I am accomplishing something.
3)I am still just depositing in my Way2Save account at Wachovia, but that account is growing.
4)Still no firm plan on paying down the debt. I have not had time to work on that plan.
5)I am probably doing the best on this goal. I am currently about 2 weeks ahead of my schedule to read the Bible through in one year.
6)I have started a budget just for stuff to do with the kiddos. I have been spending more time with them in the evenings just being in the same room with them instead of elsewhere in the house working on this, that or the other.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Sunday, January 11, 2009
1) Lose weight - 8 lbs. down / 67 lbs. to go - I feel like it is a pretty good start.
2) Exercise more - I am exercising approximately 30 minutes a day. A couple of other girls at work are exercising to, so we are doing workouts during our breaks and sometimes lunch also. These are either walking outside, jumping rope or using the resistance band in the warehouse.
3) Save, Save, Save - So far I have only been saving what is automatic with my Way2Save account at Wachovia. But I will have the budget reworked by next payday to increase that. I did use a little of the money I had saved for Christmas, but for the first time I can remember I did not use a single credit card for Christmas this year. Nor did I screw up the budget so bad that it will take until March or April (tax return) to straighten it back out.
4) Pay down debt - I am still working on the best way to go about setting this goal and coming up with a game plan.
5) Read the Bible all the way through - Here I am doing great. With the reading plan I came up with I should be on page 54 now. I am on page 67. That would be 13 pages ahead of schedule. I have found that if I get up before anyone else gets up and start reading I have a hard time stopping to get ready for work. I love it!!!
6) Do more with the kids, just to enjoy the time with them - We took Luke to the Monster Truck Jam in Greensboro Friday night. He had a blast. Right now I have plans to take Sarah to WinterJam 2009 in Greensboro in February. It will be smaller things after that.
So far, So good.
Monday - Oven Fried Chicken, Creamed Potatoes, Broccoli
Tuesday - (Hair appt and Cub Scouts-I won't have time to cook) Fend For Yourself
Wednesday - (Church @ 6:30) Baked Pasta, Salad, Garlic Bread
Thursday - (B-ball practice @ 5:30) Chicken Packets, Rice, Green Beans
Friday - Baked Ham, Mac & Cheese, Green Peas
Saturday - Sunday School Pot Luck - Don't know what I am taking yet
Sunday - ?????
For more great menu ideas check out orgjunkie.com
Friday, January 9, 2009
Andrea over at mommysnacks does "Fat Burnin Friday" every week and I think that may just be something else to help me be accountable. I have not really started "dieting' yet. I am trying to change 1 thing every week or so. So far I have started drinking at least 64oz of water a day and exercising almost every day. For my efforts I have lost 8 lbs since 12/29, 2 of them this week. Still a long way to go, but I saw a picture of myself from Christmas this morning and that was the motivation I needed to succeed in this New Year's Goal.
Self portrait by Sarah - I love this picture of her
Luke at the Warthogs game back in the summer with a group from church.
More from the Warthogs game
Luke with Santa at the Unifi Christmas party for the kids.
Max & Tinkerbell - my other babies
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Tuesday - Baked Pasta w/Italian Sausage Sauce, Garlic Bread, Lettuce Wedge
Wednesday - Chicken Packets , Broccoli, Rice
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - We will be at the US Hot Rod Monster Truck Jam in Greensboro
Saturday - Chicken Tacos, Rice, Refried Beans
Sunday - 15 Bean Soup w/ Smoked Sausage
I made Bagel Sandwiches yesterday and put them in the freezer so the chitlins would have another breakfast choice this week. I used canadian bacon instead of regular bacon and I cooked the eggs in a muffin tin. I meant to make/freeze french toast again, but did not get it done, maybe next week.
Check out all the other menus at orgjunkie.com
Friday, January 2, 2009
1) Lose weight - I have a goal of 75 lbs. to get to what would still be considered overweight for my height, but I will feel good at that weight and I will go from there.
2) Exercise more - This should help with goal number 1, but will also help keep my blood pressure down, raise my good cholesterol and hopefully give me more energy.
3) Save, Save, Save - I have set a goal, but hope to increase that.
4) Pay down debt - I haven't really set the exact $ goal on this one, I need to crunch some numbers first to see what is a reasonable goal.
5) Read the Bible all the way through - I have taken the Bible that I will be using for this purpose and divided the number of pages by 365. I will need to read 4 pages a day to complete this in one year.
6) Do more with the kids, just to enjoy the time with them - I am working on a list of things that I want to do with the kids this year like Stone Mountain, DQ for ice cream, Mast General Store, etc.....
We'll see how I do.