Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Goals

I hesitate to say "resolutions", because I know my history in sticking to them. So, I will be honest from the get go and just call them goals. Most of them are represented on my right side bar in the form of tickers so that I can track my progress. I am including them in my blog because even if no one else ever reads this, I still feel like it gives me some accountability.

1) Lose weight - I have a goal of 75 lbs. to get to what would still be considered overweight for my height, but I will feel good at that weight and I will go from there.

2) Exercise more - This should help with goal number 1, but will also help keep my blood pressure down, raise my good cholesterol and hopefully give me more energy.

3) Save, Save, Save - I have set a goal, but hope to increase that.

4) Pay down debt - I haven't really set the exact $ goal on this one, I need to crunch some numbers first to see what is a reasonable goal.

5) Read the Bible all the way through - I have taken the Bible that I will be using for this purpose and divided the number of pages by 365. I will need to read 4 pages a day to complete this in one year.

6) Do more with the kids, just to enjoy the time with them - I am working on a list of things that I want to do with the kids this year like Stone Mountain, DQ for ice cream, Mast General Store, etc.....

We'll see how I do.

1 comment:

James and Laura said...

Shawn, I'm reading and glad to see an update!!! :) Yes, it is a good exercise to reflect and set goals. Good for you:) Would love to hear more about the kids and maybe a picture or two?? Miss you all. Love, Laura