Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Loose Meast Sammies


OK, so far this week (so today is only Tuesday, so what?) I have been following the menu plan. Tonight, I had planned for Sandwiches and pasta salad. I did veer a little, we had sandwiches, but they were loose meat sammies, not ham & cheese like I had planned. I found the recipe yesterday here while cruising around on some other blogs. I also fixed crashed hot potatoes. I found that recipe here. The loosemeat sammies are soooo good. The recipe is so easy it is not even funny....
1 lb ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey, pork) (I used beef this time)
1 med onion, chopped fine (I left this out this time)
1/2 tsp onion powder (because I left out the onion)
3/4 tsp garlic powder
2 dashes of salt (I added just a little bit more after tasting)
1 dash black pepper
1 pk (8) hot dog buns

Brown the meat; when almost all browned add the onion and cook until translucent. Drain grease if needed. Add onion powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Cook a few more minutes until the flavors blend.

Here's where it gets interesting - you top the sandwich with whatever you like. I scooped out a little of the hot dog bun, to make more room for the meat. I put mayo and A1 on mine, Luke just put mayo on his. You could add cheese, hot sauce, sour cream, catsup, the possibilities are endless. And it tasted great. Also, it was enough to feed a family of four with just 1 lb of hamburger.

I hadn't planned on the onion,zuchinni and carrot but when I came home R had brought a zuchinni in from the garden. It was the first one, so I just had to cook it. I also used chives and rosemary from my herb garden on the potatos.

No comments: