Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's a carnival!!!

I had to take Luke & Sarah both to the doctor in Winston last Friday. We met up with Sarah's dad and she went to spend the weekend with him. Luke and I went on to run a couple of errands while I was in town. As we went through the Mall parking lot to go from AC Moore to Walgreen's a wondrous sight appeared right there outside of Macy's...a carnival. I couldn't pass it up, we had to stop. Luke was so excited. I bought $15 worth of tickets (enough for him to ride 5 rides).

First, he rode the Drop Zone. Six years old and full blooded dare devil. I wouldn't ride that for anything.

Next, he rode the swings, another ride I would never get on. That's his legs dangling there. You can see the Drop Zone in the background. Then he rode the BIG Slide.

After that he actually talked me into getting on a ride with him, The Scat. It was one of those "centrifugal force" rides that go around and around. I told him 1/2 jokingly that I couldn't believe he talked me into that ride, but I was thinking this won't be a big deal. Well, after the ride got going I was praying that it would end very quickly and I wouldn't get sick before it did. I don't know what I looked like, but the guy running the ride started yelling, "do I need to stop it?". I just started nodding my head as hard as I could, praying he was talking to me. When he got it stopped, I didn't know if I was going to be able to walk off of it. Then the guy says, "he can finish the ride if he wants to", so mom had to get off (terrified and nauseous) and the six year old finished the ride alone. You can barely see him in the picture.

1 comment:

Steve and Robin Brown said...

How fun and how funny!!! Luke is a crazy kid! I wouldn't ride those rides either. I don't know if I would have when I was younger either. He looks like he loved it.