Sunday, May 8, 2011

Coconut Bark (Cocada)

I got this recipe from foodnetwork.com originally, but the measurements were confusing and I added lime because it just sounded good...and it was, VERY!
Coconut Bark (Cocada)
1 package sweetened coconut
1 can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
1 lime (juice and zest)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray an 8x8 inch pan with cooking spray (or, I used a mini muffin pan and I liked it much better).
Mix the coconut, milk and lime juice and zest in a bowl until well combined. Press the mixture into the 8x8 pan or into the mini muffin tin and bake until browned and crispy on top and around the edges (this is why I like the mini muffin cups, you get crisp edges with every bite) about 20 minutes.
Cool slightly and cut into squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments: